Today I did a bit of shopping in the craft corner of a local garden centre to give me more girly-pink ideas for my upcoming new dividers and system. I ended up travelling to hobbycraft as well…!
Just a bit of pink to add to my growing collection…! The beachy styles at the top are for my scrapbook I fully intend on making when I get home from Tenerife in a few weeks time.
Anyway, I wanted to share how I make my dividers. I have 2 posts coming out today, the second one will show all of my dividers completed and in use as of about 1 hour ago ;).
First of all, I mentioned a post or so ago that the vision behind the change is focusing on the “lady” that I have drawings of. She will feature on all of my attempted designs ;). So anyway, with that in mind, I think of how best I can showcase the drawing.
The one I’m going to show you was very quickly made and not a lot of detail went into this one as opposed to some of them, but hey ho… here we go!
First of all, I chose the appropriate style background paper (like card stock, but paper instead) and cut to size. For me and what I need it for, it doesn’t need to be completely straight, it doesn’t need to be a certain size, just however I feel works for me:
I cut and stick into place (usually slightly on an angle, I don’t require things to be perfectly straight!). Then I line up my drawing where I want, cut and stick again:
I created a frame made of of scrap paper and added little embellishment to finish off.
Then I sprinkled on a little “interest” – a cutout saying “summer days” and an adhesive dollie boarder down the one side to give texture. I added a bit of sparkle and another little flower embellishment near the bottom of the “eiffel tower”.
And that’s my method…! Once I complete all of the dividers, I then run them all though the laminator and cut to size, hole punch and away I go! It just takes so much time!
Now I’m going to work on my next post which should be completed this evening also… I’m WIRED! So excited to show off and use my new dividers… I know I’m pathetic but I have worked 3 days on these and I’m rather proud of them haha!